5 Tips From Google for People Who Work from Home on G-Suite
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, many employees from around the world have to work from home. To make it much easier for employees to work from home, Google has few tips to improve their G-Suite skill during the quarantine time.
So check this out five tips to work from home for users on G-Suite.
- One can add comments or suggestions to make the document look good or to update a slide. You can give feedback or interact with the content of the comments. Firstly, you have to highlight the sentence if you want to interact. Then click the right button and select comment. Inside the box, you can give feedback or comment there. You also can tag a teammate using @ sign and their email address. After that check, the box to assign them an action item and they will receive an email notification. You also can use suggestion mode to propose edits without changing the original text. Then the document users and owner can accept or reject the changes with edit access.
- In some cases, we have to see what changes or how the old version of your documents has advanced or to restore your earlier version of Doc, Sheet, or Slide. Google said that you can do this in the file by clicking the grey text at the top saying “the last edit was on a date.” Then, a rundown of your last edited version will appear in the correct section as per the date just as time. Clicking on a particular version will allow you to see related changes. You can likewise return to a specific form by clicking “Restore this version” (a blue button on the upper left over your file). You can name your versions to assist keep with following and rapidly locate the one you are searching for. In case you are working in Sheets, use edit history to track edits for a particular cell.
- The G-suite users can also have a live discussion around their project. So they can discuss cooperatively and edit a file in real-time. this thing can be done by using a virtual meeting via Google Meet. Only click the present button, choose the content you would like to present like Docs, Sheets or Slide then click share.
- G-Suite features are available for those who have a weak or no internet connection. Because it can work offline. Then the slow internet connections can not stop you from being productive. With offline mode, you can create, view, and edit Docs, Sheets, and Slides although you are offline. This should be possible by enabling Offline mode in Google Drive. All you have to do is open Settings (click the gear symbol in the upper right of your screen in Drive) and check the crate close to Offline. At that point right-click on what you need to work disconnected and select “Available offline”.
- And now you can give comments on colleague’s Word document, PowerPoint slide, or on an Excel spreadsheet. By using the offline edition one will be able to edit, comment, and collaborate on Microsoft Office files. Although they do not have Office installed. To make this happen, you need to go to Google Drive and click your office file which will open a preview of the file. Then click open in Google Docs, Sheets, or Slide at the top. After that, you can edit, share, and collaborate as you want in a G-Suite file. And your changes will be saved to the original office file.
That’s all you need to know about the new features of G-Suite. I hope you can enjoy your work during the pandemic.